Re: [SLUG] Diamond Mako -- Linux hack?

From: Tim Spalding (dominus@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 23:45:11 EDT

Derek Glidden wrote:

> edoc wrote:
>
>>This Diamond Mako looks real promising!
>
> Looks like a re-branded Psion. Those are supposedly able to run the
> ARM/Linux port on most hardware configs, although who knows what sort of
> hinky stuff Diamond might have done to it.

All Diamond did was re-badge a Psion Revo (or I think the Mako might be a
re-badged "Revo Plus", with 16 meg of memory instead of the original Revo's 8 meg.

Regarding the Psion Linux port, I know they had it running on the Series 5, but
were having problems with the boot loader on the Series 5mx. I would think that
would bode ill for the Revo, but it's been a while since I've checked.