[SLUG] Gateways

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 18:39:39 EDT

How many computers can be set up as an Internet gateway on one network at one
time?
Note setup not connect. I am well aware that you can have real problems if
you connect more than one computer to the Internet at a time.

I have 2 computers, 1 phone line, and NO DSL line.

Both have dial up capabilities; both have 2 network cards with DSL
capabilities and both are connected to a hub,

Currently neither is connected to a DSL line and I alternate connecting one
or the other to the Internet by the dial up line.

My final objective of course is to set up a 2 computer network but since I am
unsure which computer will be the gateway I would like to set both up so that
I may use one or the other as such. Is this possible without too much hassle?

Thanks
Frank