[SLUG] Gateways

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 18:51:29 EDT

How many computer in a network can one have configured as a gateway at any
one time?

Yes I know you will have real problems with looping if you connect more than
one to the network at any one time but that is not my question.

I have network capable 2 computer with 2 network cards in each and one modem
in each, one phone line and NO DSL. One network card in each computer is
currently configured for the DSL in our office.
The other network in each computer is connected to a one port of a 4 port
hub.

Currently I can connect either computer but not both at the same time to the
Internet by dial up connection.

I am currently attempting to configure the network which should get to be
interesting. My first question in this is since I am not sure which computer
will become the gateway can I configure both as such without too many
beginner problems?

Thanks
Frank