[SLUG] Gateway

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 20:11:58 EDT

If this message has made it to the list before I apologize. I appear to be
having trouble with my ISP.

Is there any practical way to configure more than one computer on a network
to be a gateway?

I am aware that you can only have one gateway at a time but as I have no idea
of which computer is going to finally be the gateway I would like to
configure both of my computers to be one.

What I have is 2 network ready computers, one telephone line, one hub, and NO
DSL Each computer has 2 network cards and a modem with one network configured
for the office DSL Line.

Currently I am able to connect either computer (provided the other one is not
connected) to my ISP by dial up connection from home. I am in the process of
attempting to network them by the other network card and the hub.

What I would like to know is can I configure both computers to be the gateway
provided that I only connect one to my ISP at a time?

Thanks
Frank