Re: [SLUG] Anybody here repair monitors?

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 21:38:39 EDT

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 07:27:41AM -0400, Ed Centanni wrote:

> SLUG list just don't get no handier than this.. I have a bad monitor I'd
> like to get fixed and was wondering if anyone in this area repaired
> them.
>
> Now all I have to do is just think about a question and it gets asked
> and answered. Spooky!

For those who want the exact details, Display Technologies is at:

1182 Kapp Dr. in the Weaver Park commercial complex
Clearwater

Phone: 727.449.0401

Hours 8:30-5:00 M-F

The following are prices they quoted me over the phone:

Rebuild 17" monitor: $89
Rebuild 15" monitor: $59

They also sell rebuilt monitors, for rates similar to what it takes to
rebuild them. For 21" monitors, $299.

This is not a recommendation. I have only talked to them over the phone,
and haven't yet used them. So I don't know if they are good or bad.

Paul

> bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> >
> > There is a place in Clearwater called display tech.
> > This guys does great work. He works on every brand there is.
> > He is off chepus rd. He usually sells monitors at the Fair Grounds as well.
> > I use to work around the corner from him at SRI Technologies.
> > Bought 5 monitors and got a great deal on them as well.

<snip>