Re: [SLUG] Interesting story

From: Norbert Omar Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 23:02:01 EDT

R P Herrold wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Norbert Omar Cartagena wrote:
>
> > Sun makes a Desktop????
>
> Not sure if you were being sarcastic.
>
> Sure. The CDE carries many useful desk accessessories:
> Clock, Notepad, primitive graphical Email, a File Cabinet
> analogue, a Sound Recorder and Player, a sluggish Java based
> web browser, a Console shell, a Logout button.
>
> ... That's about it (I still use it on HP-UX and some older
> Solaris) -- but ten years ago that was amazing.

Nope, being serious. As far as I know, their only claim to a Linux
desktop is StarOffice... I knew about the desktop system - heck, I WANT
one of those. I think it'll be my next computer, honestly... maybe....
after I get my car... But yeah, as for CDE, I didn't know it ran on
Linux. Does it? Not that I'd use it, unless it was the SGI/Irix
interface (pretty sweet, I think).

Norb