Re: [SLUG] college

From: Brian Coyle (brianc@magicnet.net)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 22:46:15 EDT

> From: "J. Pearce" <pearce@mfi.net>
> I am on my last leg of high school, in less than 6 months I have to =
> decide upon which colleges to apply to and I would like to request some =
> help from you SLUGs. For computer science and/or electrical engineering =
> what are the schools, internationally or within the US, that I stand to =
> learn the most from, while at the same time earning the greatest respect =
> from employers.

PURDUE! http://www.purdue.edu/
                http://www.tech.purdue.edu/cpt/
                http://www.tech.purdue.edu/eet/

Home of the nation's first university computer sciences department,
Purdue maintains its lead 40 years later with such initiatives as
operating a state-of-the-art IBM RS/6000 SP supercomputer.

Purdue has graduated more female engineers than any other university.
One in 50 engineers in the U.S. is Purdue-trained. (HEY, college
isn't ALL about studying... ;)

More Purdue trivia here:

    http://www.adpc.purdue.edu/DataDigest/pages/fastfacts/ff_know.htm

GOOD LUCK!

--
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space...