Re: [SLUG] samba question

From: Larry Sanders (lsanders@flash.net)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 23:42:22 EDT

Here is a working example (one of two) of Samba disk share from
a RH6.2 named James on a Win98 pier to pier network (no passwds)
that gives full acess to the directory /home/public.

>smb.conf from James the file server machine:
# /etc/smb.conf = config file for James
# 25Oct99 Larry copied from original
#
# This is the main Samba configuration file. smb.conf(5) manual page
# NOTE: Whenever you modify this file you should run the
# command "testparm smb.conf" to check for basic syntactic errors.
# =============================================== Global Settings ====
[global]
  workgroup = FAMILY
  hosts allow = 192.168.1. 127.
# use a separate log file for each machine that connects
  log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
# Put a capping on the size of the log files (in Kb).
  max log size = 50
# Security mode. Most people will want user level security.
# See security_level.txt for details.
    security = share
# See speed.txt and the manual pages for better performance.
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY
# Configure Samba to use multiple interfaces
   interfaces = 192.168.1.1/24
# DNS Proxy - tells Samba whether or not to try to resolve NetBIOS names
# via DNS nslookups. The built-in default for versions 1.9.17 is yes,
# this has been changed in version 1.9.18 to no.
    dns proxy = no
    encrypt passwords = no
; smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
# add users with smbpasswd command