Re: [SLUG] Ximian, microsoft and .nyet

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 07:53:17 EDT

Nope, no paranoia. You're probably right on the money. This way they can go
to court (which did confirm that they are a monopoly, BTW, in no uncertain
terms) and tell the court, <whiney voice>"the remedy for our bad behaviour
should be relatively light, we've got competetition and we're even helping
them..." </whiney voice>
The free labor thing I'm not sure about. They won't be able to use GPL code
in the same way as with *BSD. I think that the hooks will be there, but the
rod, reel, and fishing line will be noticiably different from what M$ offers.
And better, I hope.

Russell