Re: [SLUG] More problems with network cards

From: Electric Monk (elctmonk@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 15:09:46 EDT

OK, after going through /proc/pci, I found out that
the card is actually an NE200-PCI card (so much for
advertising!), and I installed the appropriate driver,
and the network interface seems to work now.

However, now I have an entirely different problem: I
can't resolve hostnames to addresses. Debian also
apparently does NOT install nslookup in its base
package, so I'm going to have to dig that up off the
CD. /etc/resolv.conf wasn't already present, so I
created it using 'man resolv.conf' as my guide, with
both of my ISP's DNS servers' addresses entered, but I
am still unable to resolve names. Do I need to be
running BIND in order to resolve names?

--Kevin Fogleman