Re: [SLUG] More problems with network cards

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 16:27:45 EDT

Your on the right track with /etc/resolv.conf. No, you don't need Bind
(named) running. The resolver routines will check for nameservers in
the /etc/resolv.conf file. The records should be in the form:

nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
search isp.domain.name

Processes cache the resolv.conf configuration for their life so start a
new app when you check. Did you check the permissions on the
resolv.conf file (644)? I presume you have already checked that you can
ping addresses.

-Robert