Re: [SLUG] printing help needed

From: Smitty (76543a@mpinet.net)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 17:51:46 EDT

Seth,
CUPS is written to dynamically link to he LPR libraries, therefore if you
have installed CUPS, you also need to install LPR. Both packages take up
about 20 megs of hd. I use lprng which take up about 12 megs of hd and I am
very happy with the printing quality. CUPS has a few little used features
that lprng does not, but for the most common printing jobs, lprng works
great.
You're welcome.
Smitty