Re: [SLUG] Video Card

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 09:14:42 EDT

On Tuesday 17 July 2001 12:06 am, you wrote:
> So, what's a decent video card, or what's better - a Voodoo5 5500 or a
> GeForce2 Pro

This is a little late to respond to this but I just installed the Nvidia
drivers in my system for the Asus AGP-V100 GeForce2 MX Pure card in my system.

For comparison I have the original drivers install on another HD and my old
box setting along side.

There is about a 50% improvement in the RH 7.1 drivers to the Nvidia drivers
and about a 200% from the RH 6.1 system. I must admit though the latter is
not a fair comparison since it is different hardware.

Frank