Re: [SLUG] Dunedin Meeting Suggestion.

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 20:56:57 EDT

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 06:11:06PM -0400, Michael Adams wrote:

> I do not know if there is a planned agenda this Saturday, but if there is
> not, I would like to make a few suggestions.
> How about True Type Font installs.
> I would like to know a bit more on it and see how and where.
> Maybe a little on SAMBA Basics.
> Or a little discussion on partitioning types and why you would need or
> justify multiple partitions.
>
> These are just a few Ideas if you had nothing planned.
>
> Let me know if you need someone to bring in a PC to demo with.
>
> Thanks ..... Michael.

I had planned to do a short talk on the Remind program, but I'm
flexible. I don't know anything about TT font installs. I know some
things about Samba, but that would be better coming from someone who
knows Samba a whole lot better than I do. Partitioning? There's room for
a whole lot of opinion on that subject. There are some basics, but it's
not really a long talk.

Matter of fact, would somebody please volunteer to do a Samba talk? (Not
necessarily this Saturday, if you can't make it, but in the future.)
There have been a lot of threads on it, and it always seems to give
people problems.

Paul