Re: [SLUG] IRC speaker - how it would work

From: Tina Gasperson (tinahdee@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 07:58:10 EDT

> So would it work simply as a question/answer
> session? Would there be a
> time allotment for speech then questions?

Yes, or yes. The nice thing is that we can do it
either way. What we would probably do is go with the
guest's preference.

Right now I am talking to Rod Smith, who has written
beaucoup books about Linux and networking. We'll
moderate the chat; channel users can /msg their
questions to the moderator and they'll be posted in
the order received, and Rod will answer them. He may
want to give a "presentation" first, and then open it
up for questions.

Here's some more info about Rod:
http://www.rodsbooks.com/
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books&field-author=Roderick%20W.%20Smith/103-8606896-7595042