[SLUG] Red Hat 7.1 kernal configuration and module compile

From: Bill Ehlert (Ehlerts@SoftHome.net)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 11:09:14 EDT

I have a few questions about reconfiguring Red Hat 7.1 and recompiling the
kernal.

1. The configuration file does not match what was installed from the CD-ROM.
Does anyone know why? I had to re-select items that the install CD found.

2. I was able to recompile the kernal and got a good make bzImage. The
problem appears on the next step, make modules. It spews out errors 1 and 2
and aborts after a few screens go flying by. Anyone have luck in doing a
good make modules?

Mr. Bill