RE: [SLUG] pine question

From: Kai Lien (kai@lenseco.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 13:13:24 EDT

This Python (not created by me!) script has support for many stand
alone routers and floppy (LRP or Coyote) routers.

"The script is very easy to use and supports multiple methods for
determining the external IP (parsing interfaces on the local machine, web
based IP detection, direct support for devices from Linksys, Netgear,
Draytek, Netopia, HawkingTech, Watchgard, Cayman, Nexland, ZyXEL, SMC,
Compex, UgatePlus, DLink and Cisco). "

http://ipcheck.sourceforge.net/

BTW, the author noted that do not run this script from cron daemon unless
you know what you are doing. If you have any problems setting it to run
from cron, drop me an email. I have a solution.

Kai

--

Kai Lien

Lense Consulting Company www.lenseco.com