Re: [SLUG] Samba & RH 7.0 - DNS

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 17:57:31 EDT

Next day same song next verse

Shake it to the left,
Shake it to the right,
Drop it to the parking lot from the fourth floor.

For all you unenlightened I lived in Plantation on the third floor when I was
attending FIU. The girl upstairs got mad at her boyfriend and through his
computer out. That is our the sliding door. Fortunately or unfortunately I
was looking out my sliding door when it went buy. The monitor followed
shortly afterwords. This would have been quite funny at the time except that
she missed my car by inches both times. I stooped parking there.

Anyway back to Linux.

I can make smb client list the services available if I change /etc/hosts from

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

to the following:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
# LAN Addresses Short Name Full Name
192.168.1.1 lan_sys_opt lan_sys_opt.office.lan
192.168.1.2 lan_user1 lan_user_1.office.lan

Only problem is when I do this my modem will dial out but it will not connect.

Positive ideas, suggestions, directions, or even comments would be highly
appreciated.

Thanks
Frank