Re: [SLUG] Off topic, kind of ..

From: Andrew Wyatt (awyatt@intergate.cx)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 08:29:55 EDT

From: Ed Centanni <ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 07:38:59 -0400

>Maybe they're all Solaris users and look down of us "Free OS" types?
>Otherwise they have a serious and embarrassing credibility problem.
>
>But, now that the subject is broached, just how would we respond to
>someone who posted a lot of pro-microsoft stuff here? I can't say I
>would feel kindly toward them.

I'm sure you wouldn't call them names .. I could forward a personal email I received yesterday (as a result of posting an email address I had just created, as there is no method of off-site communication there) but it's in the groups best interest not to .. Needless to say, it was just a wee bit anti linux, and anti me for using it .. (I brought the personal email attack on myself I suppose, but he paid for it in the end <VBEG> anyone want to call him at work, and tell him that we are not fags because we use Linux? I think he pee'ed his pants when I sent his contact information to his work email account only having a hotmail address to work with LOL)

Anyway .. I didn't want to start a war, just give you all a heads up so you don't have to deal with it like I did .. I'm going to let it drop now ;-)

-AW