[SLUG] Anyone Bringing Floppy Linux?

From: edoc (kd4e@arrl.net)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 11:27:39 EDT

Will anyone be able to bring a floppy format version of Linux to the NPR
meeting today? (It really needs to be one that will recognize my 3Com
PCMCIA card, though I suppose I could be real patient and use a serial
or parallel port link to the network ... yuck!)

I would prefer something that follows Debian protocols since that is what
I am trying to learn first but at thin point will gladly accept and load and
learn whatever works! (I will bring what I have from TOMS and Pocket-
Linux.)

Before I haul my old ThinkPad with a patched together battery, charger,
and cable system to power it (battery is no good and I don't have the AC
power cable, only the DC-DC adapter) I wanted to know. (I will probably
leave it in the car if no one replies ... just in case someone does bring a
floppy distro.

Meanwhile I will also bring my HP laptop in hopes of learning more about
the workings of Linux on it ... and to have someone look at the missing
hinge piece (ordered and received one piece from HP but it doesn't fix
the problem.)

Thanks! Doc