Re: [SLUG] GnuPG testing

From: David Edwards (wavefrnt@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 16:18:49 EDT

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 10:45:29AM -0400, Russell Hires wrote:

> I'm going to send this encrypted to the list as well. How do I send my public
> key fingerprint to allow for it to be decrypted?

Have you considered registering your public key with one of the public
keyservers like pki.surfnet.nl or www.keyserver.net? I'm new to this too,
but it seems like the easiest way to exchange public keys is through one of
these servers.

I'm using Mutt for email, and when your signed mail came through, mutt/gpg
went to a keyserver to find your key to verify the signature. It didn't
find your key there so it couldn't verify it. I suppose that if I had your
public key on my gpg keyring, it would have used that rather than trying
the keyserver.

--
David Edwards
wavefrnt@tampabay.rr.com