Re: [SLUG] xinetd

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.dnsalias.org)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 18:40:45 EDT

Frank,

I don't think xinetd will be available at http://192.168.1.1:901... As far
as I know, xinetd has no web administration interface (maybe there is a
component that can be added to Webmin to administer xinetd?). I think what
you are looking for is a web management interface for Samba, if I recall
correctly from your original posts on this thread.
xinetd just monitors incoming requests, and wakes up the proper service to
respond to them (in this case, SWAT). Not that any of the above actually
helps you with the issue...

Where are you trying to connect to the server from? Remotely, or on the
Samba server itself?

Doug