[SLUG] Back on the list...

From: Tim Jones - LinuxTampa.com (slug@linuxtampa.com)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 23:36:52 EDT

Hello, everyone...

I have res*bscribed myself to the SLUG lists (although
using a different mailbox - slug@linuxtampa.com),
and so I'm not up-to-speed on all the topic threads yet.

But I did see that the CTS show is scheduled again for
October. I wasn't able to come last time (but I loved
seeing the Slashdot post and pics!). Anyway, I am
working in downtown Tampa now, and would love to help
again this time.

I can bring my desktop (no longer running SuSE 7.0 - I'm
on Debian 2.2/unstable and loving it!). It's an Athlon 800
with 256M, 18G SCSI disk, CD-ROM and CD-RW drives, and 19"
monitor. Norb/Bill/Diana, this is the same system I brought to
the last computer show I attended, where I met the three of you.
I ended up burning CDs most of both days for distros that the
vendors didn't give us. I would be delighted to do so again.

My consulting activities mostly dried up this year, so I had
to go to a Real Job(tm) for a while (hence my downtown presence),
but there has been a sharp increase the past 4 weeks. I'm still
in the webhost business, if anyone needs a great shell/web account
on a T3. How has business been for everyone else?

Thanks,

Tim

 Timothy Jones - LinuxTampa.com - 813-65-LINUX
Open Source Programming, Databases & Networking