Re: [SLUG] Sony Laptop

From: Ian C. Blenke (ian@blenke.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 14:05:01 EDT

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 01:45:58PM -0400, Wyly Wade wrote:
> I have 4 sony vaio z505 laptops and love them! I have 1 running beos,
> Mandrake, and 2 running 2000. Out of 1 1/2 years I have had one problem
> with a bad screen. The only other problem is driver support for some of
> the features.

I had a 505 when I worked at Intermedia. Good old "Lily" I called it.
Beautiful machine, even if it was a 233Mhz. Still miss that old thing.

That's what drove me to buy my Picturebook outright. I'm still impressed
with Sony laptops, even if the hardware can be obtuse sometimes ;)

What ever happened to Japan Palmtop Direct (jpd.com)? It used to be the
best place to compare the latest bleeding edge laptops.

I'm looking for a nice 802.11b tablet PC now (for living room browsing)..
any suggestions?

- Ian C. Blenke <ian@blenke.com>