Re: [SLUG] Server project for non for profit organization

From: R.G. Mayhue (r.g.mayhue@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 19:42:10 EDT

On Thursday 30 August 2001 06:18 pm, SOTL wrote:

> On Thursday 30 August 2001 03:05 pm, edoc wrote:
> > Why not use the free www.e-server.com product?
>
> Is the correct URL. All I get is a picture saying under
> construction and that this domain is for sale.
>
> Frank
>
> > Doc

I think what Doc meant was http://www.e-smith.com

The e-smith product was recently purchased by Mitel Networks so the
home page has changed to reflect this. The e-smith server has also
been renamed. The new upcoming version is named SME Server V5.

I use the e-smith server and I have been very pleased. The current
version is based on Red Hat 7.1 and it is very easy to set-up and
admin. I would recommend this product to anyone wishing to install a
full featured server for a small to medium size office or home
network. Its true.......this is very easy to use and loaded with
features! You'll even have Samba running in minutes...really!

The development site is at http://www.e-smith.org

Check these two site for additional information.

--
R.G. Mayhue
r.g.mayhue@verizon.net