RE: [SLUG] Server project for non for profit organization

From: Michael K. Dittmeier (mike@bluecrabtech.com)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 20:06:44 EDT

you should not be using a lmhosts or hosts file. the windows boxes will find
the samba box by the smb browser announcement. you may be having difficulty
finding the samba box if you are not a member of the same workgroup. all
machines must me on the Same e workgroup, and subnet. the windows browser
will do the rest.