Re: [SLUG] How does your computer compare

From: Kevin Fogleman (snotr0cket@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 22:16:02 EDT

Steven Johnson wrote:

> This is probably the best computer setup that I have seen in a long time.
>
> http://deathstarmainframe.athlonoc.com/

WOW!

I mean, I recently built a box myself (actually, I'm still in the process
of purchasing non-essentials like a new monitor and a decent sound card),
and I even cut out two holes in the back of the case to allow for dual 50
CFM fans, but it didn't have an *800 CFM Squirrel-cage blower*, for crying
out loud!

The specs for my new machine:

- 1.4 Ghz Athlon processor
- 256MB Kingston PC2100 DDR SDRAM
- ASUS A7M266 motherboard (w/ onboard sound)
- VisionTek GeForce3
- DPT PM1564 SmartRAID Ultra160 SCSI controller
- 3 IBM 9GB Ultra2 LVD SCSI drives
- 40x CD-ROM drive
- Alpha PAL heatsink w/ 38 CFM fan on the processor (attached using Arctic
Silver II thermal compound)
- 300W AOpen power supply and AOpen full tower case

--
--Kevin Fogleman