Re: [SLUG] modems

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 11:45:11 EDT

On Friday 31 August 2001 07:09 am, Carson Wilcox wrote:
> Can anyone recommend some good modems for use with
> Linux.
> Preferably a pcmcia modem. Also any place to pick one
> up in Pinelles.
>
> Thanks,
> Carson

US Robotics 56K Performance Pro Modem Model 3CP5610A PCI

They have an instruction sheet in the box on how to install the modem in a
Linux computer.

Available at our favorite store - CompUSA at about $90.00 and on line for
less.

I would check with TCWO they have a PCI USR modem #2976 for $56.00 but I do
not know if it is Linux compatible.

Thanks

Frank