Re: [SLUG] Making ZIP executables in Linux.

From: Brett Simpson (Simpsonb@hillsboroughcounty.org)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 13:05:59 EDT

It doesn't have to be a zip archive. It could be a ??? archive just as long as the output exe file will decompress on windows. Here's an example. I have four files on my linux box. I need to compress these into a password protected archive then make it executable. This excutable will then be used by various clients on there windows pcs. If there's a way to do with with free or open source software I'm all for it. Doesn't matter if I have to go through 15 steps as long as the result works.

Brett

>>> kd4e@arrl.net 08/31/01 11:59AM >>>
There is an awesome compression utility called DjVu at
 http://www.djvu.com/ ... blows away the rest in compression
effectiveness.

Don't know why it isn't being used more ... it is Linux-native!
(Sure, Zip is more common ... but ..)

Doc