Re: [SLUG] Inexpensive Tape Drive

From: Bill Ehlert (Ehlerts@SoftHome.net)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 18:27:49 EDT

Robert,

Read only attribute is set when a file is written to CD-ROM. So when the
file is copied back to your hard drive it inherits the read only attribute.
It is a problem when restoring files from CD.

I know this is true for Windows, but I'm not sure if its the same on Linux.
I'll check it out once I get my CD-RW working in Red Hat. Meanwhile if there
is anyone out there that really knows, please let us know.

Thanks
Bill