Re: [SLUG] file transfer

From: Paul Braman (aeon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 10:55:00 EDT

On Sat, 1 Sep 2001 carson_wilcox@yahoo.com wrote:

> Not really an option, I guess I'll just have to sit down and write
> driver to do this since this was the only response I got.

Well, there's always a serial terminal connection.

You can hook up a serial port on each machine and use something like
Hyperterminal on Windows to do some z-modem file transfers. It works, but
I have never set one up personally.

Basically, you'll need to make getty on Linux look at one of the serial
lines as a terminal and when Hyperterminal on the other end is connected
(like it would be on an analog modem connection) you can log in and use
the z-modem file transfer protocol.

The commands "rz" (receive) and "sz" (send) will be what you use to do the
file transfer.

Maybe someone else on the list can point to instructions on how to set up
the serial terminal.

Good luck.

Paul Braman
x5273