Re: [SLUG] Stop the music.

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 15:37:30 EDT

I'd say you're a Linux Guru: you were able to marshal the resources necessary
to fix a problem. Linus does that with the kernel, right? :-)

Actually, I've found that other people's perception of what you can do is
more valuable than what you can actually do. I feel like I know only "that
much" about computers and such, but the people I work with think I'm a god
(only a minor deity, not related to the Allmighty!). That's also why I have
such great respect for the people here (on this list and in the Linux
community in general): perception isn't nearly as important as what you can
do, or what you've contibuted. From that perspective, I've got a long long
long way to go. But hopefully I can give back as much as I get!

Russell