[SLUG] Printor problem

From: Bill (selinux@home.com)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 22:44:14 EDT

I accidentally sent a huge picture to my printer via a driver I
knew was set up wrong but had not gotten around to fixing yet.
Okay ... my boo boo. I was printing a copy of the internet :-)
and couldn't be bothered just then.

I have cleaned out every print cache I can find (CUPS and the
KDE printer utility) ... the print qeues I can find are empty.
Still ... the results I am getting tell me there must be a live
cache somewhere.

I turned of the printer, disconnected the signal cable,
unplugged the power and let it sit overnight. This, I think,
should purge the internal ram on the printer. Sure enough, I
plugged the power back in this morning, flipped the on-off
switch on the printer and it did its little warm up thing and
then waited ... until I plugged the signal cable back in.

Then it started spitting out endless fresh pages of garbage (and
wasting my ink in the process!)

Okay ... where is that data hiding? I want to purge without
turning the computer off.

My uptime is better than my friends Mac ... and I want to keep
it that way. :-)

[bill@a bill]$ uptime
 10:43pm up 14 days, 6:04, 2 users, load average: 0.09,
0.18, 0.16

Bill

--
icq # 126373831
"If I wager for and God is -- infinite gain;