Re: [SLUG] Looking for a low cost sound card for Linux

From: Toby FreakSoft (freaksoft@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 14:40:38 EDT

> I was a bit surprised that SUSE's distribution failed to autodetect
.. I have used a SBLive Value with every distro I have ever used. Also they are
rather cheap ($25 +$8 on pricewatch.com). If you rely on autodetect for all
your hardware then you are not learning anything, in my opinion. Get the
O'Reilly book on Running Linux and also Linus in a Nutshell. By far the best
money i ever spent on books. Anyway.. get the sblive and be happy.

~TF

=====
 * "Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile."
 * -- Karl Lehenbauer