Re: [SLUG] anti-CodeRed script

From: Bob K. (xbob@ozline.net)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 23:59:50 EDT

This was posted a little while ago I and was wondering if anyone had run
the script?

I've tweaked the code for my system as well as installed the necessary
modules, I run it and receive no errors (after installing the perl modules)
but doesn't seem to be working.

><snip>
>Here's a fun little something for those of you out there who don't run
>Windows and are sick of all these attempts to retrieve "default.ida"
>from your nice, secure Linux boxes:
>
>http://www.dasbistro.com/default.ida

I would like to get it working, still have plenty of Code Red attacks and
would love to see the administrators of those compromised windows systems
receive mail from all the UN compromised systems. Might give them the
message M$ has a problem.

>Anyway wonder if anyone has it running or would be interested in helping
>me take a look at it.

I suspect anyone running a web server has plenty of attempts of attacks in
there logs, and again I think it would be great to at least return a
pleasant email letting them know there comprised.