[SLUG] Burning CD s

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 18:58:09 EDT

I have downloaded the iso image of e-Smith and I am not attempting to burn it
to a CD.

First tries were from X-CDRoasr.
For a lot of reasons that did not work.

Next I tried the using the command line.

Yolinux gives the following example in its HOWTOs.

EXAMPLES
If you download an ISO CD image from the net (i.e. a Linux CD) or posses a CD
you wish to copy:
 Copy a data CD: (fast)
 cat /dev/scd0 > RedHat-7.0-i386-powertools.iso
 Burn ISO image onto CD:
 cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,4,0 RedHat-7.0-i386-powertools.iso

So I tried the following as ROOT.
 cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,4,0 e-smith-4.1.2.iso

I received the following error messages:

cdrecord: No such file or directory. Can not open SCSI device.
cdrecord: For possible targets try cdrecord -scanbus. Make sure you are
root.

Hopefully somebody has a few positive suggestions.

By the way when and where did you say that newbie class would be?

Thanks
Frank