Re: [SLUG] Re:

From: Derek Glidden (dglidden@illusionary.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 14:21:05 EDT

Mark wrote:

> Yeah, it's been mine as well. Some people in the past regularly never
> posted anything concerning Linux, yet they were not un_sub_scribed, nor
> were spoken to by the powers at be. I guess if you are a *friend* it is ok
> and if you are not - you get a tongue lashing.

Yes, that's exactly it. Because there's a secret underground conspiracy
of SLUG "elite core members" that regularly conspire to squash the
creativity of anyone else on this mailing list, and it has nothing to do
with the fact that some off-topic messges posted are only off-topic and
nobody much seems to mind, while others will tend to stir up high
emotional states and are therefore asked to move to the politics list
and that some people tends towards one direction or the other just by
the nature of their personalities and not because of any ulterior
motives.

The truth is that ALL non-Linux related messages are in fact specially
coded messages between members of this secret "unter-SLUG" group,
designed to pass information on which non-core SLUG list member is going
to be given the next "tongue lashing", generated by an
ultra-sophisticated psychological AI/expert system (Linux-based of
course) that analyses all traffic that comes through this list to see
who would be most vulnerable to this type of subversion.

Not only that, but this AI/expert system also employs modern electronic
security and countermeasure technologies so that it has infiltrated the
personal and work computers of everyone who has ever sent or received
email from this list and has done a complete analysis of everyone's
personality including their Myers-Briggs personality type and MMPI
scores. It uses this information to determine what sort of SPAM to send
to those people for maximum agitation, as all SPAM on the internet is in
fact generated by this system and is designed to annoy people in
specific psychological fashion to leave them emotionally vulnerable to
unter-SLUG manipulation.

This AI/expert system has not only infiltrated home and work PCs but
anything involved with these individuals that contains a microchip. At
random times it makes your VCRs stop recording your favorite shows,
leaves your car headlights on, and turns the hot water heater off during
showers. It makes long distance phone calls that it charges to your
number, runs the battery down on your cellphone at times you most need
it, and hangs up your modem 95% of the way through an hour-long
download. It calls your mom and tells her you don't love her anymore,
calls your boss and tells him you think he's a jerk, and calls the local
convenience store and asks the person working the counter if their
refrigerator is running. It makes your toaster burn your toast, your
coffeepot make your coffee too weak, and tells your freezer to make your
ice cream go all squishy instead of firm the way you like it.

ALL of this is designed to weaken the wills of the people selected by
this system so that the unter-SLUG can subvert them into willing zombies
without their knowledge so that the unter-SLUG will eventually have a
whole army of soulless zombies with which they can use to ... hey...
who are you? How did you get in here? What are you doing with that
taser? No, it was a joke, really! I'll send a retraction! I swear!
I... ASDFHHFUYT*#$*&KA<SDCASD...

NO CARRIER

> On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Brigitte wrote:
>
> > You will find that some people on this list can say anything they want,
> > whether it pertains to Linux or not, and others are quickly snuffed out or
> > ignored. Apparently there is a hierarchy of some sort, but personally I
> > don't have the time or interest to even attempt to figure it out.
> > If this offends anyone, so be it .. but that's been my experience.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
$_='while(read+STDIN,$_,2048){$a=29;$b=73;$c=142;$t=255;@t=map
{$_%16or$t^=$c^=($m=(11,10,116,100,11,122,20,100)[$_/16%8])&110;
$t^=(72,@z=(64,72,$a^=12*($_%16-2?0:$m&17)),$b^=$_%64?12:0,@z)
[$_%8]}(16..271);if((@a=unx"C*",$_)[20]&48){$h=5;$_=unxb24,join
"",@b=map{xB8,unxb8,chr($_^$a[--$h+84])}@ARGV;s/...$/1$&/;$d=
unxV,xb25,$_;$e=256|(ord$b[4])<<9|ord$b[3];$d=$d>>8^($f=$t&($d
>>12^$d>>4^$d^$d/8))<<17,$e=$e>>8^($t&($g=($q=$e>>14&7^$e)^$q*
print+x"C*",@a}';s/x/pack+/g;eval

usage: qrpff 153 2 8 105 225 < /mnt/dvd/VOB_FILENAME \ | extract_mpeg2 | mpeg2dec -

http://www.eff.org/ http://www.opendvd.org/ http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/DeCSS/Gallery/