Re: [SLUG] Re:

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 16:57:51 EDT

Mark wrote:
> Some people in the past regularly never posted anything concerning
> Linux, yet they were not un_sub_scribed, nor were spoken to by the
> powers at be. I guess if you are a *friend* it is ok and if you are
> not - you get a tongue lashing.

The history of UNIX is filled with opinions, politics and attitudes
-- many of which are taken of out context, then the response is
taken further, etc... But that's the price you pay for a technical
list, instead of a people-networking-only/non-support list (like
your typical, local Microsoft/MCSE user group list).

But we must be careful not to let our emotions go too far. When you
start lashing out at people outside of the list, then you've
probably gone too far. It's one thing to be unprofessional on-list,
but another to be unprofessional off-list where you affect more than
just the list, but someone's career. Some of us have taken the high
road when that happens, and don't get the lawyers involved.

But not everyone is like me.

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith   mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413