Re: [SLUG] Need some help

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 16:15:46 EDT

--- bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> Hello folks,
> On Diana's PC we have it set to dual boot both
> Windoze and Mandrake 8.0
> The other night we had to run scan disk and defrag
> on her Windoze side.
> After that she rebooted the system now after the
> Boot Manger Loads up
> we are getting a kernel panic.
>
> Is there a way we can re run the mandrake setup as a
> upgrade option and let
> it
> reinstall so that we do not loose any data or are we
> basically SOL!

Yeah. Just re-installing it into istelf ought to do
the trick (it's a work-arround I often use). Did you
partition your drive? If so, how? Also note that you
might have a problem with programs that you upgraded
by hand "downgrading" to the versions which came (ec,
if you have kde2.2 and Drake uses 2.1, you'll switch
to 2.1, I think.

Norb

=====
~ Good evening, Mr. Gates