Re: [SLUG] Audrey and QNX

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 09:15:07 EDT

Steven Johnson wrote:
> In related news - I am keeping my Audrey but want to learn more about QNX.
> Anyone familiar with QNX RTP 6.0? What can I do with it?

The same you can do with just about any other embedded UNIX flavor.
It uses a message-passing kernel, which gives it a small footprint
and very good response times, but for high throughput applications,
there are better choices. For consumer applications, the latter
matters little, so it is often an ideal OS for those, especially
those with a display. Their lightweight web browser and other
programs are too sweet. Much better and cleaner than CE IMHO, which
cannot even qualify as even remotely RT-capable.

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith    mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413
Engineer   AbsoluteValue Systems, Inc.  http://www.linux-wlan.org