Re: [SLUG] Burning CD with Redhat 7.1 Kernal 2.4.3-12

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 12:25:09 EDT

Mike Manchester wrote:
> Has anyone had any success burning CD's with Redhat 7.1?

Very much so.

> I used to be able to burn CD with my HP 7200 internal CD burner.

IDE or SCSI? If it is IDE, you need to reserve the device for the
ide-scsi module by passing "hdX=ide-scsi" (where X is the device,
e.g., hdc for IDE channel 2, master), and then loading the module
with "modprobe ide-scsi" after booting.

You can find the actual device with "cdrecord -scanbus".

> But I can't seem to get it to work with RedHat 7.1 even after a
> clean install.

Don't tell me you did a re-install?
[ TheBS puts a gun to his head ]

> If anyone has had any success with burning CD's what brand and
> version of CD burner do you have. As I may just replace this HP
> and buy a new one. Hoping that will solve my problems.

Details on your issue would really help. So far, you haven't old us
at what point you are stuck.

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith   mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413