Re: [SLUG] Burning CD with Redhat 7.1 Kernal 2.4.3-12

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 21:31:14 EDT

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Mike Manchester wrote:

> I thought this was going to do it, I was able to burn up
> to 30% before my pc locked up and I had to power off. This
> was after removing the magicdev. So I thought I'd try the
> autofs, so after un-installing and rebooting I tried to
> burn another cd and I only got to 3% before it locked up,
> requiring a reboot. So I guess I'm back to Windows until I
> can get my cdroms burnt, or until someone wakes up and
> fixes the kernel. :(

Why did you have to power off? Were you using cdrecord at the
command line? Why could you not change to another console and
examine the hung process? -- Please try your efforts in
Runlevel 3 -- not is an X console --- It may be that
screensaver, or other background X window manager is really
the issue.

Additionally, if it DOES again hang, please run:

   dmesg > /tmp/locked

and send me a copy 0f /tmp/locked off list.

-- Russ