Re: [SLUG] Formating HD

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 20:29:44 EDT

> 2. Want to just prepare a hard drive for a new test installation. Then
> use fdisk or the installer program's disk preparation program or any of
> the other answer's methods to just remove the partitions.
>

> The first is not easy and dangerous but should yield what you asked for
> in your original post. I don't have a spare machine to test it on and
> WON'T test it on my current boxes. The second is a LOT easier, quicker
> and *relatively* safe.
>
> Ed.

Thanks Ed:

The second is what I am really trying to do. I forget sometimes with Linux
that you can go way overboard easily.

All I am trying to do is figure out how to install the installation I want. I
have found though unless you delete Lilo boot that you may not get what you
think you install because placing a new installation on top of an old one
appears to use part of the old installation.

Thanks
Frank