Re: [OT]: Re: [SLUG] Formating HD

From: Mark (mark@bish.net)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 18:04:43 EDT

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Bryan-TheBS-Smith wrote:

> Mark wrote:
> > Here's one vote for a moderated email list.
>
> And here's one vote for you taking the time to do that moderation.
> Understand it takes time and effort to do so. But if you're
> willing.

Yeah I'll do it.

> > I'm getting sick of people's larger-then-life's egos.
>
> No joke. I'm just a user trying to help others on a Linux/OSS list.

I was talking about your ego as well.

> > I don't have time to wade through this crap and I'm seriously
> > thinking about not participating anymore (un_sub_scribe) until
> > people lose the attitude and start focusing on why this list is
> > here.
>
> No offense, and don't take this wrong, but threatening to
> unsubscribe is a sure sign that you just want to complain. If you
> want to make a statement, just unsubscribe. But even then, what
> does that get you? This list is what we make it.

No, I don't "just want to complain" - I want to bring attention to the
fact that this list has degenerated into a bunch of repetitious crap. I
still hope that we will turn this around as that I do agree with you that
"this list is what we make it."

> Instead of complaining, why don't you respond to other technical
> posts. And unlike some people, respond with Linux/OSS suggestions.

That's uncalled for. Sometimes you need to use utilities in Windows to
get linux to run how you want it (Ex: loadlin)

> Instead of continuing on and responding to everyone, I've just tried
> to latch onto other threads and help where I can.

And also encite people.

> I might be a little "abbrassive" sometimes, but I try to answer all
> questions that I can. Again, I'm a little "miffed" with all the
> other Windows threads on this list. Sorry for my 'tude, if that
> explains it.

I've been more miffed about the stuff that has had nothing to do with
computing or computers in general.

I'm taking this thread private from now on. If you want a response from
me send it to my email address.

| Mark Bishop (mark@bish.net) | Computer Engineer |
| 813.258.2390 | Network Engineer |
| http://bish.net | Embedded Programmer |