Re: [SLUG] A hardware challenge!

From: Ron KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@qsl.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 00:25:34 EDT

Ed Centanni wrote:

  I would have hoped these the buttons (3 wires) would be hard wired
to the sound card, but over design seems to be the rule these days.
I would set an afternoon aside and I would sit on the Dell customer
service phone line, working myself up the customer service ladder,
trying to discover if a program is needed or just a register
initiation.
(step #1 of problem solving is determining if a problem truly exists,
 step #2 of problem solving is determining the nature of the problem)

> there are two small buttons on the left hand side that are intended to
> control speaker volume. They don't work under Linux! They deny me
> absolute perfection!!!

> Does anyone know if there is Linux support for these buttons.

> The machine is manufactured by OEM Compal (that's where Dell gets them)
> and is a Compal model N28W2 variant.

  73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@qsl.net SENT Time and Date are UTC
      I upgraded to LINUX, the more I use it, the more I love it.
        It doesn't do everything for you, you must program it.
         Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm