Re: [SLUG] (FWD) Linux courses at St. Petersburg College

From: John L Brown (macapplejohn@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 09:25:03 EDT

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Ed Benjamin wrote:
> Norbert Cartagena wrote:
>
> >>I'd like to help this fellow out. Whether you like
> >>certifications or
> >>not, it would be great to have a local college
> >>providing training for
> >>the certification tests. If you have any insights on
> >>any of this, please
> >>get in contact with Tom.
> >>Paul

> >Yeah, and when the classes star, PLEASE make sure you
> >inform the list. This DEFFINITELLY looks like
> >something I'd like to spend a bit of time on.
> >Norb

College Linux Classes:
St. Pete College does offer Linux classes -it's not obvious from their catalog.
When the college catalog says UNIX it is really Red Hat 6.1
Network Series:
CGS 1263 LAN class pre-requisite
CEN 2523 Network Admin
        -Clearwater: Win2K
        -St. Pete: Win2K or Redhat Linux
CEN 2524 Network Troubleshooting
        -Clearwater Win2K
        -St Pete Win2K or Redhat Linux

ICOT center training:
The UNIX classes (3 Saturdays classes) are really Red Hat 6.1 classes but the
catalog doesn't day that. A friend of mine took them this summer. They
include installation, shell scripting and network admin.

Still a student,
macapplejohn@earthlink.net