[SLUG] Lilo Boot Manager

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 21:26:13 EDT

First I cleaned the HD by the use of the dd comand previously posted.
Next I tried to boot the box to varify that I had deleted Lilo. The box
refused to boot so I am assuming that I susceeded and that I started
with a clean HD.
Next RH 7.1 was installed with eth0 & eth1 set up on installation.
eth0 was set for DHSL and eth1 was set for a LAN network.
After installation the box was rebooted.

Box reboots but Lilo shows that there are 2 RH7.1 systems: "Linux" and "
Linux Up"

Off to Lilo Boot Manager.

"Linux" is shown as the default system with kernel
/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.2-2smp.

"Linux Up" is shown as an optional system with kernel
/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.2-2.

Could some one please explain to mw what is going on here.
I have never had 2 kernals installed on an instalation before.
Also I have no idea what the difference is or why I should use one over
the other.

Thanks
Frank