Re: [SLUG] is this for real? NO! Bull by technical idiots.

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 22:52:15 EDT

SOTL wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 September 2001 08:10 pm, Ed Centanni wrote:
> > Yes this IS for real, but it is a draft that has not (as yet) been
> > submitted to Congress.
> >
> > It's not Microsoft who's bankrolling this -- it's the entertainment
> > business (notably Disney). They seem to be of the opinion that people
> > only use computers to view or listen to their entertainment products and
> > that everyone should all be required to only run software that they
> > control using OUR congress as their frontmen.
> >

> To me this complete thread belongs on the political list it is so dumb. By
> dumb I mean unenforceable if it became law.

Famous last words. If it is made into law (and money has produced lots
of stupid laws!) then use of Linux becomes a felony and this list and
all it's threads becomes irrelevant.

Can you explain (please reassure me!) exactly why it is not
enforceable? If you don't think this appropriate then reply off list.

Ed.