[SLUG] linux as a vpn server to route ipx traffic for Winx clients

From: Patrick Grantham (pwgrant@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 21:05:35 EDT

Here's a complicated mess of a question. My goofy coworkers and I are
fatigued from programming and want to set a vpn from our homes to route ipx
traffic to my LAN. I am nervous about setting my Win2K server a vpn server.
I'd much have the Linux box serve as the pptp server and pass the incomping
ipx over my private LAN to the w2k server and ipx traffic from the private
to the remote clients. I must confess it's for a mutliplayer game that only
links via ipx. Help us keep our sanity up to four more are welcome to play.
Using the w2k as the vpn server is not much of a mystery, but doing this
with linux is.

thanks for the help
patrick

Paste the folloing in a text editor to see what we are trying to accomplish.
It's look awful in outlook but should be clear.

*************** |--------------|
**winx client**------------------| |
*************** | |
                                 | |