[SLUG] 650MB Linux Disk Distribution

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 21:18:25 EDT

Say does anybody know of a 650MB linux distribution that fits completely on
one disk and stays on that disk or if it migrates off the disk is easy to
remove from the machine.

If you will recall Tom's is a small distribution which allows basic machine
recovery and other operations which fits on a 1.44 MB floppie.

Now I am well aware that SuSE Linux 7.1 Live Eval is a distribution that fits
on a single disk but it leaves a big footprint on any machine it is used on.
Well maybe it does. It certainly does on any linux box. As far as on a Win
box I am not sure as I have not tried that yet. I don't have a Win box I am
willing trash if things go wrong.

What I am think of is an expanded distribution like Tom's except a disk
version that one could use for disk and data recovery and maybe the internet.

Thanks
Frank